Wednesday 20 June 2012

Character Development

I've gotten big into Marvel lately, though I imagine with the Avengers and whatnot I'm probably not the only one! Was sick most of the week so I watched nearly every film with a Marvel tag on it and have even started reading some of their online comics and admiring the artwork. Some of them are really amazing!

I always wanted to bring my own ideas and characters I have made up to some sort of life for my own amusement so I have decided to do so with the spare time the summer has given me! Below are a series of figure sketches I have done to try and get good at drawing a human figure in a variety of poses!

My first attempt at sketching figures, keeping the poses fairly simple.


A later attempt at figure sketching, making the poses a little more diverse and playing a little with perspective. I also made the shape of the figure less bulky as I wanted it to look more athletic and agile.


I also redrew a pose I liked in particular and and doodled with it. Added a bit of a cape just to practice drawing material draped off a figure and add some effects. The character I have in mind has contorl over the air so thats the direction i was going when I was doodling! ^_^

Added some effects and a cape. The design of my character will not have a cape but he may wear a cloak (similar to the ones in Lord of the Rings) from time to time. I also tried to ass effects to seem like hes controlling the air or at teh very least has power of some sort coming from him xD

I am hoping to get good enough to create any pose I can think of and then work on building proper details and costumes etc. when I am happy with my progress on the figures poses and dimensions. I have plenty of stories and such in my head already so I'm just trying to develop my drawing to a point where I'm happy I can illustrate them proper ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment