Monday 21 May 2012

The Adventures of a Mechanical Pencil

I have recently learned that mechanical pencil's dislike going for adventures! This applies particularly to adventures through washing machines! Personally I have never been on such an adventure so can't imagine what my pencil must have went through but when it made its return it just wasn't itself anymore! It wouldn't eat, it wouldn't sleep (not that it ever did any of them in the first place!) and most importantly, it just wouldn't work!


This is a washing machine. This image should give you a better idea of the types of terrain my pencil was dealing with on it's adventure.


In my attempts to bring it back to life I decided to operate. Opening it up and replacing what was left of its old lead, damaged from its adventure, with some shiny new ones! Or as shiny as it gets when it comes to leads at least....

Unfortunately, despite what I had thought was a rather successful operation, it still wasn't working properly. So I decided to go to my last resort.... mindlessly shaking it until it does! Now this was all well and good however I had forgot one tiny detail, I had a full box of leads in my hand too... and the box was open..... and I was beside an open window.... and the window was upstairs. Needless to say I'm the proud owner of an empty box of leads now, but on the plus side I got my pencil working again!


2 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha Thats just brilliant :D On so many levels!

    Windows are the devil....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It was most definitely pure evil ^_^

      Delete