Friday 18 May 2012

A Brief Introduction... Of Sorts

So how to start really? Guess I could start by introducing myself, though it feels like I am talking to me and not  to you, whoever you may be. Theres a very high chance that you may be me, which is entirely dependent on whether its you or me who's reading this currently. Of course you'll know whether its me or not because your not me, unless I'm the one reading it in which case you are.

Well there's a bit of a random tangent, I go on a lot of those. But in case you got lost (you being you and not me, unless you're me that is), what I'm trying to say is that it feels like I'm talking to myself, while talking like I'm talking to another person which feels quite odd really. Something nice about reading over your own thoughts though I must say and I haven't even decided how I'm going to start this yet!

Perhaps I'll decide how to start it in this paragraph but we'll see what happens! Logically the decision should have been made in the first paragraph but thats far too predictable really. In fact with that train of thought in mind deciding how to start it in the first post is all the more predictable so maybe I won't start it here at all! Though I would like to start something as I'm quite bored currently and starting would make it easier to keep typing. Though one might question the need for a start three paragraphs in, none of which make much sense.

If anyone has managed to read this far then you have less to do then i do and this paragraph should mark a very sad moment in your life. Well that sentence sounded quite emo typed out, but I swear it wasn't like that in my head! =D This is surprisingly fun actually, if only typing essays were this relaxing!

Anyway, where was I?
*skims through what has just been written*
Seems like I wasn't anywhere at all really, guess its a good time to get back to that introduction i mentioned somewhere, though if you want to know me at all at this stage I'm somewhat surprised ^_^
So hi, I'm Thomas! My friends call me various variations of that though, but mostly Tom! I could nearly start introducing myself as Tom really but its quite a hard habit to break!... Wow I cant even say what my name is without going on a tangent of sorts, this is gonna be a looooooong night...

As I was saying, I'm Tom (i did it!) and I'm 21 years old and live in Ireland! Though I occasionally take up residence in cyberspace dependent on what Ireland has to offer. I can see me residing in cyberspace an awful lot soon though as college is soon done for the summer. I would have welcomed this last year but it seems I've gotten quite attached to everyone this year and I'm even quite enthusiastic about my work of late! Despite what is starting to feel like constant attempts by lecturer's to put me off but that's an entirely different rant altogether! Besides that its not restricted to me so i shouldn't really take it personal anyway, or at least not all of it =D

Lets see seems I'm after going on another tangent, what have we got so far. Tom, 21, Ireland, goes to college, emmm....... aha! I never mentioned what I study! I'm currently in my second year of an Art degree :) Or rather I'm at the end of my second year, which I think I mentioned already but I'm not overly sure! My trains of thought can be quite hard to follow sometimes, or maybe its trails of though? I'm actually not sure now that I see it in writing! Anyway back to the topic of this particular paragraph! Though its after getting so long now perhaps I should stick it in a new one.... Yes thats a good idea Thomas lets do that! Though a better idea would be to stop ranting and going off topic, not that there ever were set topics to begin with!

As far as I can reliably tell I have one day left of college then I'm 100% done for the summer. Have an exhibition piece to take apart on Monday! Which reminds me I need to sort a hose to siphon the water out of my pool otherwise I'll be stuck emptying it with buckets!! But yeah, once thats taken apart and I've cleared out the last of my stuff I shall be done with my second year of my course, and onto what will be my final year of college for the foreseeable future. On the bright side of things there is some dinner and a night out to look forward to on Thursday which should be quite a bit of fun :)

Was only out the other evening actually for Ms Fishbowl's 21st. That was less than a week ago actually  although it feels like it was ages away now. I think thats in part due to the amount of alcohol ingested whilst suffering from a severe lack of sleep, and in part due to how dragged out today has felt! I'm actually surprised I can remember the night considering what alcohol was consumed including two shots! I can even remember what was an abnormally long walk home. I didn't even know it was possible to walk for that long while staying in Wexford without going around in a full circle! Though I'm sure the zig zags we were walking in failed to help! ^_^

Well this introduction has turned into an essay, but in my defense I haven't talked much all day =D Somewhat fun typing out random thought patterns and I daresay I could get addicted to this thing! Though the last thing I need now is more reasons to dwell in cyberspace(been on my pc for over 12 hours now!), though this has the potential to become somewhat creative.

I'd really like to write little stories or do out comic strips, or perhaps even animated videos of sorts. Some of the cinematics in a video game I've started playing are done really well and I could see myself getting ideas from the effects they use. I'd put a link to one of the videos here  but I'm new here so perhaps that is for another post!

I actually have a quite developed world with back story and whatnot in my head that I've been daydreaming about for as long as I can remember now. Some of the characters in it even have multiple origins as I've changed it so much over the years xD Might be fun to do stuff based on that though I think I'd do it in a separate blog and keep this one for my own personal rantings. I'm not sure anything else would fit in after this mess of thoughts and tangents!

I should probably make an attempt to finish up now as it's getting quite late and I don't wanna make a further mess of my sleeping pattern before I have to get up on Monday! One tired Monday a term is enough for me thanks very much ^_^ I should probably also add a TLDR at the end of this too come to think of it before I go try snooze!

But yeah time to finish up! If anyone actually manages to read this through I'll get you a cookie!

TLDR:
Hi I'm Tom. I'm prone to ranting! =D ^_^

2 comments:

  1. I wrote a fantastic response to this earlier on..... and blogger seems to have ignored to post it :( sadness indeed....but on another note, Great first post, the first part especially is really funny....you strange strange little man 0.o

    Also..your blog was PINK last time I saw it young man....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks Sinead!

      Also i can explain the pink i swear!! D= Was browsing through the templates and when I left to look on another site for one thats the one I had left on ^_^

      Delete